Monday, July 7, 2008

Spring In-depth, In Context

I've been working for a while on a book for Spring 2.5. I've decided to post it for free online and hopefully it will be useful to people. It currently has a very good introduction to Spring, basic bean creation using XML and Annotations. Although the Annotations chapter isn't 100% complete. There are also partially complete chapters on resources & ApplicationContexts and AOP.

As updates are available, I'll continue to post them. I decided since there was a lot of information and examples done, it was better to release it now and continue to work on it when I have free time. I hope it helps people. It was a lot of work getting even this much done. There are so many nuances to Spring's configuration options between XML and Annotation-based configuration.

Also, a very special thanks to Susan Kerschbaumer who has co-authored the book with me and has personally done a really excellent job with what she has done so far. Currently Susan has only had time to work on the Preface, Chapter 1, and Chapter 2. But as she has time she will focus on other chapters.


Spring In-depth, In Context


No comments: