Friday, December 5, 2008

Spring by Example Wins

I was going to really try to get back into working on the book, but I think I realistically don't have the time. I did make a small update to Spring In-depth, In Context before SpringOne started, but I was thinking about how Spring 3.0 is coming out soon so I would need to go through everything again. Posting examples on Spring by Example is less effort since each example is more or less standalone and I'm primarily writing up something specifically on the example. Instead of trying to explain the subject completely, which involves a lot more research and effort. Maybe one day I'll try to get back into working on it, but I actually think hands on examples are probably more valuable. At least that what I always like to see. I typically just want to get going on a project and I'll learn all the nuances of the technology as I go. Possibly the preface and intro from the book can become part of the Spring by Example documentation at some point.

Based on this decision I moved the work I had done for the book to Spring by Example.

2 comments:

Ramesh said...

Hi,

Are you planning to migrate the maven pom to use http://mojo.codehaus.org/gwt-maven-plugin/ instead of the existing plug-in?

Thanks,
Ramesh

David Winterfeldt said...

I don't have any plans to work more on the GWT examples in the near future. I'm more likely to focus on Flex, Spring Roo, and OSGi on the SpringSource dm Server. Are there any particular advantages over this plugin compared to the one in the current examples?